Saturday 8 October 2016

Lincoln September 2016

   I have visited Lincoln before but have only seen outside the station. My impression from this view was that Lincoln was a fairly ordinary urban town. However I was quite wrong as it is a lovely shopping centre and also offers a lovely castle.

   The road to the castle is very very steep but it reminds me of York with very characterful shops and tea rooms.The tea rooms invite you take a break from the long climb and next time I would like to take them up on the offer.

Steep Hill leading to Lincoln Castle

The climb leads to a small square which sits between the castle and the cathedral. Again there are tearooms and also a gift shop.

   I decided to look round the castle which offers lots to do. I enjoyed visiting the prison where some of the cells have video stories of former inmates.The history of the prison is fascinating and its interesting to see the life conditions of inmates.
   The castle has an excellent cafe where I enjoyed lunch before taking a walk around the walls and enjoyed the fantastic views.

Lincoln Cathedral from the Castle Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment