Sunday 2 October 2016

Day Trip to Whitby October 2016


  It's a long journey for me to get to Whitby and back in a day but it is always worth it.
 I love the drive through Pickering and the North York Moors and then finally seeing the sea in the distance.

 The scenery in the moors is spectacular and its like entering a different world. The road dips up and down with very steep inclines.
 I always wonder how the people who live nearby cope with driving in the winter.
 The moors are dark brown at this time of year and I can never wait for the first glimpse of the Abby and the church of St Mary high on the cliff.

  Whitby harbour is like something out of a history book. I always feel if I went back in time for a few hundreds of years the harbour would look just the same.

The Church of St Mary overlooking Whitby Harbour


I always love to go on a boat trip and feel it is the best way to get a full view of the harbour and the cliffs on either side.

On the Boat leaving Whitby Harbour
The highlights of this visit,which is one of many, are the sight of a seal in the harbour and a visit to Botham's tearooms for a french fancy.


No comments:

Post a Comment